The ownership of Broome Park can be traced back to Christopher Kilby who died in 1771. It was then sold to James Petty in 1779 who let it out until 1790 when he then took residence. In 1814 it was sold to William Kenrick (MP for Betchingley) and was purchased by John Ewart in 1830 , the owner after him was Sir Benjamin Brodie in 1837 who lived there until he died in 1862. It was then let to Betts in 1865 and to Charles Dobson between 1876 and 1885 but still belonged to the Brodie family. In 1891 Sir Percy R.B. Fielding bought the property and after his death his widow kept it until her death in 1919. In 1920 J.A. Lloyd became owner of the house and 56 acres. It then became property of Joseph Cunning and his widow gave the house and 25 acres to the Electrical Industries Benevolent Association to use as an elderly persons’ home in memory of her husband and their son who was killed in action during the second world war. In 1993 it was sold to Mike and Muriel Law-Hing-Choy and became a nursing home.
History shows that the house was three builds. The building on the plans by Cotham in 1634 is now represented by the rear (west) service wing. In the 1720’s it’s shown as a capital messuage with barns, stables, gardens and orchard. The house as it was in the early eighteenth century remains as the southern side of the building. The ground floor retains the 1750’s style plasterwork but it is possible that one family had the interior refitted. A watercolour in 1822 shows the southern end has been removed to leave the structure similar to what it is today. In the 1960’s the additional residential wing was developed.